Mini Cheesecake Tarts are absolutely delicious and take very little effort. Cream cheese, sugar, vanilla wafers, and cherry pie filling are the main ingredients in these little treats!
WHY THIS RECIPE IS A HIT
These mini cheesecake tarts are a hit for several reasons. One, they are so simple to prepare. You don’t even have to make a crust; drop the vanilla wafer in the bottom of the paper baking cups, and that’s it! Second, you use a premade pie filling for the topping, which, again, makes these little treats so easy. Every time I’ve served them, they have gone over big and are very pretty. They are the perfect dessert for entertaining because you can make them the night before.
- Cream cheese, softened-you want to use full-fat cream cheese for this recipe.
- White sugar
- Vanilla extract-you can use vanilla flavoring.
- Vanilla wafers
- Paper baking cups
- Cherry pie filling
You can easily use different kinds of pie filling. Blueberry is also delicious!
HOW TO COOK
When we say these are simple…we mean it! It’s just a few easy steps, and that’s it!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cream cheese with mixer on medium speed until fluffy; gradually add sugar and continue to mix. Add eggs one at a time and continue to beat the mixture. Add in vanilla.
- Place baking cups in a muffin tin. Add a vanilla wafer to the bottom of each paper baking cup. Spoon cream cheese mixture into baking cups and fill cups to the top.
- Bake on 350 for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. They will rise when cooked but will fall after they chill. Leave in the muffin pan and chill in the refrigerator overnight. The next day, top with cherry pie filling and serve.
Be sure to test with a toothpick. If they are undercooked or overcooked, the consistency will not be right.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You can use caramel ice cream topping, fresh fruit, whipped topping, etc.
Vanilla Wafers are very popular in the United States. They are wafer cookies that are fairly flat and thin. Nabisco is the most popular brand. You can find them in the cookie section of the grocery store; they come in a yellow box.
Store these mini cheesecake tarts in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They keep up to 3-4 days.
Mini Cheesecake Tarts
- 2 8 ounces packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 12 vanilla wafers We use Nabisco Nilla Wafers
- 12 paper baking cups
- 1 21 ounce can of cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cream cheese with mixer on medium speed until fluffy, gradually adding sugar and continuing to mix. Add eggs one at a time, continue to beat mixture. Add in vanilla.
- Place baking cups in a muffin tin. Add a vanilla wafer to the bottom of each paper baking cup. Spoon cream cheese mixture into baking cups, fill cups to the top.
- Bake on 350 for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. They will rise but will fall a bit once they chill. Leave in the muffin pan and chill in the refrigerator overnight. The next day, top with cherry pie filling and serve.
Do you love this content?
If you love the simple life and country living, you will love our quarterly digital magazine. Full of inspiring stories, delicious recipes, down-home living, and much much more!
© Front Porch Life Magazine photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.